Friday, October 21, 2005

Backing it all up

I've downloaded sooooo many freebies lately and actually bought several kits (my pay pal account has been put to good use!) so I decided I better protect my investments and back everything up. As I unzip each download I save it to an unzipped folder. I then used the Digital Image Library feature in Microsoft Digital Image Pro 9 and selected that unzipped folder. I clicked on archive and archived that unzipped folder. Now that all my new kits are backed up, I moved them out of the unzipped folder into their respective designer folders.

I keep everything grouped by designer so it is easy to give credit where credit is due. I also save a thumbnail image of each kit and put them in a folder called "Previews" and that way I can browse through all my kits at once - so easy to see what I have that way.

Hope this gives you some ideas for organizing and inspires you to back up your kits.

Also, BE SURE to regularly archive your photos on cd and also send them to a photo site like image station or snapfish to act as a secondary backup.

You don't want to lose your precious memories!

Happy Archiving!

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: