Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Self Portrait Tuesday - creativity



almost didn't make it for self portrait Tuesday this week! Been a very busy Tuesday!

I want to do a layout using this picture but I can't seem to make it work tonight! Thought about doing dreams, weaknesses, strengths and more but nothing is clickiing right now.

I did have fun playing with my pictures in Microsoft Digital Image Pro 9. I used the cutout filter on this and it turned out kind of interesting. Made me think about how the computer is one way I feel like I can experience creativity. I would have never guessed that it would be that kind of tool for me but it has become a very important way for me to express myself. I used to doubt that I had any creativity at all, but now I understand that it is a different brand creating that I do.

My own creativity:

combining pictures & words to make meaningful scrapbook layouts.
taking pictures of the world around me and the people I love.
collecting information and using it.
recognizing well designed pages, ads, color combinations and applying them in my own way.
being inspired by ideas and using them as a launching pad for my own plans.
writing (or typing) my thoughts and sharing them with others.


There are many ways to be an artist. Take the time to realize how and what you create and enjoy your unique contributions!


Happy Creating!

Katie the Scrapbook Lady


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: