Wednesday, November 23, 2005

A week of gratitude! Seeing through a camera

I think a photography class should be a requirement in all educational programs because it makes you see the world rather than just look at it.
~Author Unknown


My love of scrapbooking has led me to an intense love of photography. While I am no Ansel Adams, I have improved a lot with practice over the years. I don't have a fancy camera, but I have a very nice Sony Digital Camera that has brought me more enjoyment than I could have ever imagined. I love the flexibility of shooting digital pictures and more than anything, I love how easy they are to share.

I try to always have my camera in my purse so I remember to capture life and truly enjoy it! Each time I take a photograph, that person, object, or moment in time becomes closer and more important to me.


Some random pictures that make me happy:


My first and only time at a flea market. Albuquerque, New Mexico.




Scrub Oak in September on Mount Olympus. Salt Lake City, Utah.





A magical place called Goblin Valley! Near Green River, Utah.




My daughter looking at the ocean on our Disney Cruise.





My son with puppets. (He used to be sooooo afraid of them!)




Each and every one of these photos represents an amazing memory. There is a story to each one that only I can tell. A magical moment that I captured and can relive each time I look at it.

Remember to use your camera to truly see the world around you!

Happy picture taking!

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

Lulusmom said...

Katie, these photos are amazing. You captured the 'essence' of each scene.