Friday, December 30, 2005

I'm back and I'm backed up, loaded up, and psyched out!

Christmas was an amazing experience this year for me and my family. We had 9 people in our 3 bedroom house so it was more than a little cozy, but also very memorable and fun! Look for pictures, layouts, and other details to come soon.

I enjoyed my little break from scrapbooking, blogging, writing, and all other typical daily activities in my life. Now I'm ready to go again and feeling refreshed and energized!


Backed up...

all digital kits,layouts, and pictures to DVDs (so much more room on these than on cds!) Also uploaded all pictures to Sony Image Station and all layout to 2Peas. Backed up my financial files from Quicken and all my word documents as well.


Loaded up...

on all sorts of good scrapbooking related things! I have a pile of unread scrapbooking magazines that I have been neglecting since late October. Issues of Scrapbooks etc, Memory Makers,Creating Keepsakes, Simple Scrapbooks, Paperkuts, Scrapbook Trends,and Scrapbook Answers are all waiting for me to find some spare time!

I also received some great idea books as Christmas gifts I'm especially excited about Stacy Julian's Big Picture, Digital Designs for Scrapbooking, & Designing with Digital.

I have a lot of reading to do!!!

I'm also loaded up on digital scrapbooking goodies. My mom gave me a 2 CD Jen Wilson set called Seasonal Scraps. Even though Jen Wilson has her own site now, this cd is only available at Scrapbook Bytes.

My mother-in-law gave me money this year so I treated myself to a few more digital goodies. Want to take a peek at what I bought? Well, here is my virtual shopping bag full of stuff:

Some Jen Wilson sale items - she is putting different items on sale right now each day. I purchased all of these neat paper packs for only .88 cents each!







Then I picked up this cute Christmas set from Dani on sale for 50% off - this is a great time of year to shop!




Holly McCaig's stuff is also 50% off at The Digi Chick - by the way, did you know she sold The Digi Chick to Laura Alpuche? Congrats to Laura! - If you visit her blog you will find a neat freebie!




Finally, this one wasn't on sale and it is probably the most I have ever paid for a single kit, but I HAD to have it! It really is a steal anyway at $7.00 because I will use this one for many different pages. Kind of funny how people complain about prices of digital when they are soooooo much more reasonable than traditional scrapbook supplies AND you can use them more than once. As a designer myself, I can tell you that a kit like this takes a lot of talent and time to create so I have no problem paying for it. I think we all have been a little spoiled by the many wonderful freebies out there.

Isn't this kit by Kathryn Balint just gorgeous?!




Can you see why I'm psyched out to start scrapping again? Plus, I've got some great stuff in store for you in just a few days (hint - freebie and new kit coming!) so stay tuned.

Hope you take the time to back up, load up, and get excited to scrap in 2006.
Happy Scrapping!

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

website
my other blogs will be back on January 1st

.....................................................

No comments: