Thursday, December 15, 2005

Odds and Ends in the land of blog

I'm so glad that someone posted a comment on here to let me know about Whitney Bushman's new site Jumbo Cave Man (great name!) Be sure to check out the freebies there!


Digigrandma posted a thread about me on 2Peas because I reached my 1000th post last night! How sweet is that?!


I found site meter yesterday because of this thread at 2Peas (scary!) - what a cool tool this is and it's free! I have been able to get info like this about my website but I have to admit I was wondering how many people really were visiting my blog? It has only been tracking for a day now and I have had visitors from Okinawa Japan, Berlin Germany, Canon City Colorado, Bethesda Maryland, Albuquerque New Mexico, Hershey Pennsylvania, Vienna Austria Labuan Malaysia, Saskatchewan Canada, Queensland Australia, Arlington Virginia, Abilene, Texas & a whole lot more! It is so fun to see where my visitors are coming from! One of the things I love about scrapbooking is that it appeals to people EVERYWHERE! Makes the world feel a little smaller and happier!


I also found a great RSS reader because of this thread on 2Peas called RSS bandit. It is free and actually pretty easy to install and figure out (unlike some of the other RSS readers I have looked at!) I put my favorite blogs on it and deleted a lot of the preloaded links it came with for news & comics. I am pretty choosy about where I get my news from and there is no way I would ever read that many different news sources anyway. I hope if you use an RSS reader you will be sure to put me on it!


So just a few things about blogging... I promise to get back to my Christmas posts now!


Happy Scrapping!

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

..................................................

1 comment:

Angie Pedersen said...

I use Bloglines, and LOVE it. It's served every RSS need I have, so I haven't checked out any others. www.bloglines.com