Saturday, December 03, 2005

Online Cookie Recipe Exchange




I compiled a huge family cookbook a few years ago and gave them as Christmas presents. I took the time to journal about the recipes and why we loved them. This was a recipe that I included and I recently shared it on the 2Peas digi board.


My grandma and my mom both made these at Christmas time so to me they are holiday cookies. I think they are so yummy!

Ok, these look different but they are sooooooo good. Totally my favorite treat at Christmas! They also make a nice addition to a cookie platter because they have a lot of texture (sorry, but I am a scrapbooker so I think about these things!)


Marshmallow Drops


1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 beaten eggs (I use egg substitute)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 & 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 cups mini marshmallows
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup shredded coconut

In a heavy saucepan, melt butter; stir in sugar. Remove from heat; add eggs. Return to heat, cook and stir over medium heat til mixture is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat and let stand 25 minutes at room temp, stirring once or twice.

After mixture sits, stir in vanilla then graham crumbs. Blend in marshmallows, nuts & coconut. Drop by teaspoon onto waxed paper lined cookie sheets.

Best after they have been refrigerated for a few hours and completely set. I like to keep mine in the frig but they are fine at room temp once they are set.

Enjoy!

Take the time to include your favorite recipes and food traditions in your scrapbooks. A recipe album makes a wonderful gift. Check out this link for cookbook related scrapbooking ideas.

If you have a favorite cookie recipe share it online at 2Peas with other scrappers.

Happy Recipe Scrapping!


Katie the Scrapbook Lady

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: