Friday, December 30, 2005

Top 5 movies of 2005

You will be seeing a layout about my top 5 picks soon. Working out your journaling before you do a layout is one of the great benefits of having a blog. I want to record my favorites for this past year and I'm not sure yet if I will include all of them on an actual layout or not, but I will at least have blogged about them.

I will start with movies on this post and will be adding more soon.

Top 5 movies of 2005:

I limited my choices here to movies that were released in 2005 that I actually saw. This limits the field quite a bit since I don't see that many movies.

1. Batman Begins was the surprise favorite of the year for me in new releases. I'm not really a Batman fan, and I don't like intense and violent movies so this is kind of an unusual pick for me. I went on a date with my hubby to see this on an IMAX screen so maybe that helped push it to my #1 pick! It was a great movie with a lot of action and excitement. I loved the actor who played Batman and I like the overall theme and message of the story. My only complaint was who cast Katie Holmes as leading lady? I don't get what the big deal is about her and I found her to be a distraction in the film.



2. March of the Penguins - I saw this one in the theater with my husband and kids and we all enjoyed it. I gained a total respect for Emperor Penguins, especially the Dad penguins! I could also listen to Morgan Freeman narrate anything so I'm glad it was his voice that told this amazing story.




3. Chicken Little this one has a great soundtrack! Saw this one with the hubby and kids also and I really liked it. It was quite original and a lot of fun!



4. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory I took my kids to the first showing of this on the first day it was released. They were soooo excited and I'm always up for some Johnny Depp! This movie is so funky and weird that you will either love it or hate it. I thought it was loads of fun and I liked that it was more true to the book than the 1970's version (which I never really cared for all that much anyway.) Beware though - this is Tim Burton unleashed in all his glory. The guy has some serious "issues" but it makes for some amazing art!




5. King Kong made most of the critics top lists for the year and it is a good movie. A faithful remake that is too long and too cliche in parts, but man is that monkey awesome! A great love story! I saw this one with my husband and my Dad who was in town for Christmas. We decided at the last minute to go to a 9:00 p.m. show and have my mom tend the kids. I had no idea it was a 3 hour movie when I agreed to this and when I found out I was worried I wouldn't be able to stay awake. No problem with that though - the movie is extremely intense!




There were other movies I saw in 2005 that didn't make my top 5 list for various reasons:
Robots (cute, but just ok)
Wallace & Gromit (my son got sick halfway through it so we had to leave)
Sky High (cute but predictable)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (good movie and I really considered putting this one on the list, but didn't live up to my expectations and I didn't like it as much as the other Harry Potter movies)

I wanted to see Corpse Bride and Valiant but never got around to either one.

Trying to remember what movies you saw in 2005? Check out this website for a journaling prompt. Include movies you liked and disliked. What do you wish you would have seen?


Remember to scrap about the little details of 2005 for a meaningful layout.

Happy Scrapping!

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

................................................

1 comment:

wyowoman said...

Thanks, Katie, for the inspiration! I've just finished my own list on my blog!
Now to put it on a page...