Friday, January 06, 2006

Doing layouts for fun!

Until the past few months I have been a strictly chronological scrapbooker. I only went in order and I felt like I had to scrapbook every event that way. Part of it was the style of album I was using because it was hard to rearrange pages once they were done. Some of it was just not being able to see it differently. I'm a pretty orderly type of gal and I like to keep things organized.

Lately, I have been doing pages in any order I please and sometimes (gasp!) I only do 1 page of what I know will someday be a 2 page spread. I have also become much more willing to experiment with different styles and ideas. The result? FUN! Yep, I'm having fun and I couldn't be happier about that. Instead of feeling dread that I'm not "caught up," I'm enjoying the layouts that I am working on.

Today I found a quote I liked and went and found some old pictures to scrap. Very different for me to do it this way. Nothing fancy but I still love the way it turned out. The memory makes me smile and now I have a page about it. Isn't that what really counts?

Here's the layout:



To find out more about it you need to visit my quote blog!

Have fun with scrapbooking!

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

website
blogs



...................................................

No comments: