Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Freebies!





So I received a question recently that made me think about freebies. A lot of us would never share a paid for digital kit (hopefully not!) because we know that would be considered piracy (basically it's like shoplifting.) But how many people send each other freebies? It is easy to think this is no big deal since they are well, um, free! However, this is actually also considered piracy in the digi world.

I never thought about it much until I read this great article by Bree Clarkson at the stop digital piracy blog.

I think the that a lot of digi scrappers might not know about this so I thought it would be worthwhile to post about.

The great thing is that there are oodles of freebies around, which is really nice when you are starting out and want to get a feel for what type of items you will actually use.

Here are some great links to check for freebies:

Jen always has a great list of freebies on her blog!

Scrapartist has a wonderful freebie forum

Designer Digitals adds new freebies each Sunday.

Shabby Princess
is very generous with her freebies even though she has suffered through a lot of piracy problems. Be sure to sign up for her newsletter so you know when she offers new ones.

2Peas has several free digital kits to download. They have not released one for February but I did see a post about a week ago that said there still will be one so stay tuned I guess.

Finally, read this blog! I regularly post about freebies and when I post a layout I always include links to the sites where I got the stuff to create the layout. You won't miss much if you are following my scrap blog!

Happy Scrapping!

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

.......................................................

No comments: