Thursday, February 23, 2006

Mixed Media Memoirs Challenge

Yep, I already posted tonight and here I am again. Good thing there aren't any rules about this blogging stuff!

I'm back because I have something to share. I'm trying to expand my creative horizons so I decided to get out of my comfort zone and try some new things. The Mixed Media Memoirs challenge I have on my sidebar of daily challenges really appealed to me this week. The topic is The trajectory of my life changed when...

For me there wasn't even a second thought as to what my answer would be. There have been a lot of defining moments in my life, but none that shook me to the core like my son's diagnosis. His autism changed everything and my course in life was forever altered once I heard those words.

I never could have fathomed at the time that the direction this would take us would be a better one. We would face the darkest challenges, but forge new paths that have enriched our lives.

Here's my entry for the challenge.




He was 2 years old in the dwarf picture and 3 in the other picture. He was diagnosed at 3 years and 2 months old. It was on December 31, 1996.


Katie the Scrapbook Lady

and a mom to a fantastic guy who happens to have autism.

.............................................................

No comments: