Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Planning for a scraptastic February!

After you finish the January Roundup - and I really mean after, because if you keep putting it off you won't feel motivated to do it at all. I know if I let things like that sit too long that pretty soon the idea loses it's luster. You get yourself a few weeks in to February and you won't care as much about January anymore.

Ok, so after the roundup, then it is time to look ahead to the coming month. Today is the first of February. Take just a few minutes (this doesn't take near as long as the roundup and I promise it will make February's roundup much easier) to jot down a few things.

A good approach is to take the main questions from the roundup:

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?


What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?

What special days did I celebrate and how?


What illnesses or health concerns did I have in January?

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

What were this month’s disappointments?

What were my accomplishments this month?

and look at them with a forward approach. Here is how I am doing it:

What books and/or magazines would I like to read this month?


What movies and/or tv shows am I hoping to see this month?


What special days am I going to celebrate?


What health concerns will I address in February?


What fun things do I want to do with my friends and/or family?


What special or unusual purchases am I planning to make?

What disappointments do I hope to avoid this month?


What do I hope to accomplish during the month of February?


Do you see how just the change of a few key words can make this a plan for February? You may not think all of these questions are "scrapbook related," or in geek speak, you might call some of them NSBR (Not Scrapbook Related) but I assure you they are. In fact, I believe that EVERYTHING is Scrapbook Related! LOL!

But seriously, if you take a few minutes and answer these questions then you will have a great blueprint to follow for scrapbooking ideas this month. You will have thought ahead about when you will need a camera (at special events) and what everyday accomplishments might inspire you for a layout.

And on top of it all you will put into writing plans to have fun and do the things that are most important to you. That is bound to have a positive effect on your life during the entire month!

I just finished filling out mine and I'm excited for the month ahead. I won't share it all here, but rather in segments throughout the month. If you made it through my long posts yesterday and today you will know that I have done a lot of blogging in the last 24 hours so it is time for me to sign off for now.

I wish you all a scraptastic February!

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

...................................................

No comments: