Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Scrapping the day away!

Well, not the whole day, but I do have a rare chunk of time this morning and I'm enjoying it by creating layouts - Yay! :)

Here's a simple one that came together rather quickly.




Water does wonders for my little guy and I thought this was the perfect kit to use for this bubble bath photo. The kit is called "relaxed" and I love the word strip that came with it.

Kit is "Relaxed" by Dawn Stocstill & Ashley Olson (their upcoming duo CD called "Express Yourself" at Scrapbook Bytes - available on Thursday) Font for journaling is CK neat print

posted at 2Peas, Scrapbook Bytes, and The Digi Chick.

My inspiration on this was the name of the kit. When I saw the paint chip type card with the word "relaxed" on it, I tried to think of a picture I had that fit this theme. After a little browsing, it hit me that I should use this cute bubble bath picture that I haven't scrapped yet (even though it was taken 2 years ago!) The rest came together quickly. I love the alpha that came with this kit so I used that for the word bath and added some journaling and voila! Done!

I got another layout done also.




This one took a little longer because I tried a lot of different papers with this one and at first I thought I wanted to go with a lot of pink. But the blue and yellow just made it pop a lot more. I wanted to use stitching somehow and leave the photo as large as possible. Then I felt like I just needed an element and a pretty title. I just played around with a lot of possibilities until it felt finished.


Kit is "Elated" by Dawn Stocstill & Ashley Olson (their upcoming duo CD called "Express Yourself" at Scrapbook Bytes - available on Thursday) Font is Annifont, Stitches are from Gina Miller's Stitch Essentials at SBB, Flower is Jen Wilson's from simple florist and fastener is a blog freebie from Holly McCaig called Bling Fasteners. - BTW, there is a freebie up on her blog right now!

Posted at 2Peas, Digi Chick, & Scrapbook Bytes.

I'm having a day of Happy Scrapping...hope you get a chance to scrap soon also!

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

............................................

No comments: