Monday, March 13, 2006

21 day art journal challenge - Finshed!

* updated& finished on March 13, 2006 *

entire album posted at 2Peas


Click on each image to see a larger version.

I've been a little behind on posting throughout Rhonna's challenge, but not really. I've been working on it each day - it is just took me longer to translate it into works of art. I'm tried more than anything to follow Rhonna's words and just ENJOY THE PROCESS!

I'm had fun with the habit I chose to focus on during this journey, writing!





I've focused on writing each day during the challenge. The trick for me was finding the time to illustrate my journey. This was a very different kind of project for me and I must admit it stretched my creativity, but in very good ways.

I made another decision about this project - to not use any photos, just words and art. This seems to go better with the theme I have picked and it forced me to use my writing to express what I want to say. Photos can certainly be part of an art journal and they often are. This is just a choice I made.







Page 8 and 9 are meant to be a 2 page spread that spell out the word SHARE. These are the ways I share through my writing.



















By the way, my journal is only 20 pages long because the album I chose to put it in has only 20 pages! I chose the Karen Foster Book Look album in brown.


Materials used: (see previous entry for more details about why I chose these)

Rhonna Farrer's Pea Pod Kit
Rhonna Farrer's Swirls
Susie's Hand Font
My Type of Font
Steph's paper tearing
Gina Miller's Note This
Heart on the last page is from the tutorial goodies of
Nancie Rowe Janitz's Digital Distressing Kit


I'm thrilled with the end results. I have never done an album like this before. This one was completely for me! :)

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

................................................

5 comments:

Sharma said...

I love your entry... really beautiful work! Good luck with the challenge...

Tiffany K. said...

These are lovely!

Lene S said...

Oh these pages are just sooo beautiful!! Love it! And congratulation on finishing the journal! WTG! :o)

ArtsyMama said...

WOWZA girl!!! You did an awesome job:) I LOVE your album and know that you learned a ton about yourself in the process. It was so fun to share this experience with you. Congratulations on an incredible journey:)

Jen said...

WOW- these are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!