Monday, March 20, 2006

Get to know me and also a Creative Team Call

Before we get on to the Creative Team Call details, I want to give you the opportunity to get to know me a little better. After all, shouldn’t you know what someone is really like if you want to be part of their team?


So here are some things you might want to know about me:

I am active in the digital scrapbooking community and have galleries at
2Peas
Scrapbook Bytes
The Digi Chick
Scrap Artist


I am a dedicated scrapbooker who tries to remember Why I Scrap.

I was digi gal of the day on March 6th so you can read a lot about me on this thread.

Here are 2 layouts that tell you a little bit more about me
What makes me smile and Dare to Muse Me

I run my own website and send out free newsletters on scrapbooking and autism.

I have several blogs that branch off of this one:
Quote Blog
Roundup Blog
Autism Blog

I have had several paper layouts published in Memory Makers Magazines and Idea Books and I wrote a feature article for Memory Makers January 2003 issue titled “Frugal Scrapbooking.”

I have completed over 4000 paper scrapbook pages and now I’m almost exclusively digital!

I have been married to my best friend (we've known each other since the 7th grade) for 15 years and we have 2 beautiful children, a golden retriever, some water frogs, and a half-alive beta fish.


Now on to the Creative Team Call - Applications due tomorrow (Tuesday March 21st) by midnight Mountain Time.

This is a very unique kind of Creative Team Call – I want you to use other designer’s products on your layouts! Curious? Good!

I’m a wordsmith, not a designer. I love quotes and will be selling some wonderful quote packs soon. My big emphasis though is my new monthly e-book series (sort of like a magazine without ads) called “An Amazing Month of Memories.” There has been a fantastic response in the scrapbooking community, and Scrapbook Bytes has even set up a weekly challenge forum based on the series.

I already have a small but wonderful creative team and I am just looking to add a few more dedicated and enthusiastic scrappers. I hate the idea of having to turn anyone down, but I do want to keep my team small enough that we can have a supportive and friendly network with each other.

You can use other designer’s products for your layouts – I am just asking that you use some of the ideas & prompts from my Amazing Month of Memories. I will also be selling some quote packs so you can use those for your layouts also if you like.

You can be a digital scrapbooker and/or a paper scrapbooker!


Here’s what I ask of my Creative Team:

I ask that you create 4 layouts a month featuring my ideas and/or quotes and post them in 2 galleries. I would like the digital scrapbookers to use Scrapbook Bytes as one of their galleries since they are hosting weekly challenges based on my Amazing Month of Memories series. (I would encourage you to take part in their challenge if you can so you can win the fun prizes given out there as well!)

If you have a blog, I would love your help each month in getting the word out when the new month of Amazing Memories is posted. For each month’s new release I will hold a 2 day 50% off sale so I would want you to mention the sale on your blog those 2 days each month.



Here’s what my Creative Team can look forward to:

Free issue of each month’s Amazing Month of Memories e-book.

All my quote packs and other related designs that I create, free of charge.. (my store will be opening soon!) If you want to see what my quote packs will look like, scroll down and read the entries for the previous 4 days on this blog.

Being part of a fun, inspiring, and unique type of Creative Team!


Email your applications to kt@scrapbooklady.org and include:
1- your name and location
2- a little bit about yourself
3- links to the galleries where you post
4- a list of any other creative teams you are on
5- your blog link if you have one

Don’t worry if you aren’t on any other creative teams or if you don’t have a blog, these are not requirements, they will just help me get to know you better.

Please send you applications in no later than midnight (Mountain Time) on March 21st. I want to have the decision made and announced by Thursday March 23rd since that will be the day I release the April edition of the Amazing Month of Memories (remember the big sale!)

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

................................................................

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Hi Katie:
Just to make suer you see my app I will send a dozen LOL
Have a great week.
Maggie