Thursday, March 02, 2006

March - ing into March!



I'm done with my roundup and you can read it here if you want to see how I completed it for February. It always feels great to get it done, like it really is ok to move on to the next month. There is a sense of closure and an excitement for the month to come. By answering the questions and completing the tasks, I have an idea of what I want to accomplish in the coming month. Without meaning to, I finally came up with a great way to set goals and track them.

So now I'm ready to March on - ha ha!



Here's my entry for this week - the theme is "If I could be a color today I would be:"



I'm feeling sunny and happy today. Ready for a great month of possibilities!

I got a chance to scrap tonight and here's a layout I did using an idea from my Amazing Month of Memories packet.



Posted at 2Peas & The Sweet Shoppe & The Digi Chick.

The papers are from Mindy Terasawa's (sweet shoppe) Cotton Croutons kit - isn't that a great name for a kit?

Fonts are Antique Type and Baskerville Old Face.

I know the journaling is hard to read on the screen so I will include it here also:

Since you were old enough to pick up a book, you have been a constant reader. You seek out knowledge and you love the saying that you made up: “after all, brains get hungry too!” Your brain seems starved for new information and I am constantly on the lookout for a new book or subject for you to explore. We are pretty certain that you have a photographic memory because you remember everything you read!

You are the only 12 year old I know, that will sit down & read an encyclopedia! Some of your other favorite reads are: Mental Floss Magazine and books, The Horrible Histories series by Terry Deary, The Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling and all the analysis & unofficial guides to Harry Potter, The New Way Things Work by David Macaulay, The Brain Explorer (Exploratorium at Home),
1000 Play Thinks by Ivan Moscovich, The Time Warp Trio Series by Jon Sczieska, The Secret Knowledge of Grownups Books by David Wisniewski, The Animorphs series by K.A. Applegate and of course, Encyclopedia Brown by Donald J. Sobol!



One last note for tonight... I went back to my old blog banner. I just couldn't get used to the new one. I think I like it better anyway. I do like the saying on it and I think that should be my new signature - Scrapbook...because life is worth remembering!

What do you think? Or should I stay with Happy Scrapping - I have used it for years (before everyone and their dog started using it) but it just seems like it is getting old to me.

Any thoughts are welcome on this. :)

So for tonight,

Scrapbook...because life is worth remembering!

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

...................................................

1 comment:

melba said...

I am so impressed with all you do! With a huge workload you are still yellow...happy and sunny. And a huge inspiration to me. Thanks I love to see women making it all work!