Thursday, March 30, 2006

Scrapping March

So can you believe that tomorrow is the last day of March? Where did this month go?

If you have been a blog reader of mine for more than a month, you know what I will be posting about the next 2 days...Roundup! So get ready to close out the month and start preparing for April.

Cowboy

I'm working on that very goal right now. I did some scrapping today since my Mom and brother left this morning.

I had so much fun doing these spring pages and it was very enjoyable to try a new style. I did what is called in scrap language a "scraplift." Ju Bean is one of my favorites on the digital board at 2Peas so I borrowed her "mojo" today and created this 2 page layout:




You can see Gail's layout that I used for the lift at 2Peas.

I went looking for Spring the other day, and there isn't a lot of it around here, but I did find a few fun things to photograph.

All papers and elements are from Mindy Terasawa (Sweet Shoppe) Pocket full of Posies kit. Layout inspiration from Katie the Scrapbook Lady March edition of an Amazing Month of Memories. Fonts are Monika and Dream Orphans.

Layouts posted at 2Peas Digital Gallery and Scrapbook Bytes (page 1) and (page 2) and The Sweet Shoppe (page 1) and (page 2)

I also did the Coca-Cola challenge layout today:



Posted at 2Peas and Scrapbook Bytes in the Month of Memories gallery.

Ok, you would never believe how long this page took me because the way it ended up is extremely simple! I spent way too much time trying to find the perfect elements and papers and finally just gave up and used simple shapes. I love the Loki-Cola font and wanted to use it for this layout so I guess that is my embellishment.

We had a blast on our Vegas trip in 2001 and I have been wanting to scrap it forever. I used the theme day from my March edition of the Amazing Month of Memories to inspire me to finally get going on this.


I'm going to start working on my quote shop and getting a shopping cart going on my site so stay tuned...hopefully it will be up and running next week!

Grocery

In the meantime, per popular request, I have at least added a button to my site where you can order the March and April editions together at the same time. It is at the bottom of the ordering page. Please know that the ideas from any given month's issue can really be used all throughout the year. You will want them all!


So get ready to join me in a Roundup tomorrow - see you then!
Cowgirl

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

..............................................

2 comments:

Jen Caputo said...

Wow Katie your pages are gorgeous! I especially love the elements you have used in your 2-pager. Love the signs of spring idea!

Trish said...

Your layouts are gorgeous! Yanno it is the last day of March here LOL and it is not spring either hehe. I find it hard getting my head around your seasons because mine are normal to me as yours are to you.
I LOVE your new cartoon chicky totally adorable.