Thursday, March 09, 2006

Simple layouts... take the pressure off!


posted at 2Peas and Scrap Artist


Sometimes less really is more. I was trying to find the perfect papers and elements for this picture of our family at the park, and I came to the conclusion that everything was distracting from the message I wanted to present. This layout is going in a special album about our family mission statement.

I got the idea for a shadow picture from my mom who took a great picture of herself and my dad this way. When we went to the park a few weeks ago, I saw my shadow on the ground and remembered that I had been wanting to do a shadow picture. The sand was the perfect canvas.

Once I started playing around with it on the computer, the title just came to me.
All I added was the title and used the font Annifont. Doesn't get anymore simple than this. I love it!


Here's another very simple layout. I thought the papers from this kit were so beautiful that they really didn't need anything else to go with them. They are from the groovin paper set by Ashley Olson at Scrapbook Bytes.



Posted at 2Peas, Scrapbook Bytes, and The Digi Chick


So take the pressure off yourself to do complicated, "perfect" layouts and enjoy the satisfaction of a simply completed page.

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

...........................................................

No comments: