Friday, March 03, 2006

A variety of scrapbook topics and finish what you start

Before I get on to today's post, someone left a comment here about the Paperkuts magazine going under and wondering if I knew of a way to get a refund for a pre-paid subscription. Unfortunately, I sent in my check for a full year subscription just 3 weeks before they closed their doors. They cashed my check 10 days after the announcement of closure was made. Pretty low in my opinion. I always liked the magazine and I feel a special kindness toward the founder Angie Randall because she also is the mother of 2 children with autism, but this is bigger than Angie. This is a company that just fell prey to bad ethics. Too bad.

So on to happier topics...

If you have ever wanted to learn Digi Scrapping but been afraid it would be too technical for you, I found the perfect opportunity for you! It's a free course by Tracy Watson at ivillage and it starts on March 7th. I got the impression that once it is full then you can't sign up anymore so go sign up! - but after you read the rest of this post of course! :) I signed up for the class also, even though I am not a beginner. I know the ins and outs of Microsoft Digital Image Pro, which I love, but I also want to learn to use Adobe Photoshop Elements and that will be the program used in the class. Thought this would be a good way to make sure I get going on this. Kind of silly to have a great program loaded on the computer and not even use it!

I found my motivation for the month of March!

I found this quote today on another blog and not only did it "speak" to me - it jumped up, waved it's arms and pointed right at me!

Yep - this will be the quote of the day on the quote blog also and I will post a few more resources there.

"Find your Joy in something Finished, and not in a thousand things begun."
-Mallock.


I don't know who Mallock is, I can't seem to find anything about her/him? and I can't find the origin of this quote so if anyone runs into please let me know.

As far as I'm concerned though, this Mallock person is talking to me.

I've got a million ideas running around in my head, I've actually come up with about 10 more March related themes after I published my March Month of Memories and that thing is jam packed! So I will be sharing a few here on the blog and saving some for next year.

I'm even pretty good at starting things and I might be close to fitting the "thousand things begun" description!

Finishing though - that is my weakness. Now I do actually finish quite a few things so I'm not totally down on myself about this. But, I've got to stop starting so many new things and focus on getting a few of the unfinished projects and ideas to the finish line. This is my personal theme for the month of March - one word will be enough to remember:

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/ - Glitter Graphics
http://www.GlitterMaker.com/ - Glitter Graphics

I will be talking about finishing this month and I've got a lot of scrapping up my sleeve so stay tuned! :)

Scrapbook...because life is worth remembering!

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

..........................................

2 comments:

Christi Snow said...

Wow! What a shock to see this on here! I am glad that you liked the quote...the full name of the originator is Douglas Mallock. Other than that, I don't know anything else about it...it came off my mom's perpetual calendar I think... Smiles!

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie... GREAT blog site btw -and I LOVE your quote site - thanx for the recommendation across to the course... it should be FUN (even if I am a big bad mean task master LOL)...

Catch yah soon
Tracy