Monday, March 06, 2006

Working on my art journal

Getting caught up on things and working on my art journal challenge. I've been focusing on writing each day so far during the challenge. The trick for me has been finding the time to illustrate my journey. This is a very different kind of project for me and I must admit it has stretched my creativity, but in very good ways.

I made another decision about this project - to not use any photos, just words and art. This seems to go better with the theme I have picked and it forces me to use my writing to express what I want to say. Photos can certainly be part of an art journal and they often are. This is just a choice I made.

I'm going to add the following pages to my original blog entry also so the whole album will end up in one place in the end.







Materials used so far (see previous entry for more details about why I chose these)

Rhonna Farrer's Pea Pod Kit
Rhonna Farrer's Swirls
Susie's Hand Font
My Type of Font
Steph's paper tearing
Gina Miller's Note This



It's good to challenge yourself now and then - helps your creativity to grow!

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

.....................................................

No comments: