Tuesday, April 25, 2006

doctor stuff today

Nurse

So I'm just now getting a chance to post today because I've spent the day doing a glucose test to check for diabetes and some other blood tests to follow up from my yearly physical. Not my favorite way to spend the day, but at least I finally got it done. There is nothing so draining as having something yucky like that to do on your "to do list" - you just look at it every day and thing "I don't want to do that!" Better to just get it over with. Hopefully I will have my results tomorrow.

Doctor

Just a short post today to remind everyone about the 50% off sale on my May issue of an Amazing Month of Memories. I'm thrilled to see so many repeat customers who have bought prior issues, that tells me they like what they are getting.

Thumbs Up

I also like blog surfing and finding nice things being said about me (who wouldn't like that?) so I thought I would share a few with you:

Angie Pedersen gave me such a nice review on her blog. She said "Her guide did not disappoint. I was blown away by the amount of resources she had compiled: month-long themes, daily holidays, over 100 journaling ideas, quotes, and Internet links. Total brain-candy for a journaling junkie like me. And tell me I don't know a good scrapbook journaling resource when I see one.

And at $5, how can you beat it? I know it took her more than an hour to compile all those resources, and even the kids at McDonald's get more than $5 an hour! And when was the last time you were able to buy a scrapbooking idea book for $5??"


Her post got me thinking - I bet everyone wonders how long it does take me to actually compile each month's guide. Truthfully, I have never set a timer to it, but I can tell you that it takes me about 8-10 hours per issue when you consider the research and writing time together. When you look at that, I suppose I'm really undercharging on the whole thing? But I love doing it!

There's a quote I'd like to share here that totally applies to how I feel:

You've achieved success in your field when you don't know whether what you're doing is work or play.

Warren Beatty


I've had this Month of Memories idea for years and it just feels so good to finally be bringing it to life. Before I decided to publish my first issue, I made a decision that it had to be something that was worth doing for myself, whether or not anyone else chose to buy it. I'm glad I took that approach because I have gained so much from this series and I can see a big difference in my own scrapbooking as a result. If you've been following my blog for awhile, I bet you've noticed also!


Another wonderful review from Tamara, another blog buddy of mine:
Qt's Creative Chronicles


and Amy Edwards (owner of Scrapbook Bytes) just posted the challenges for this week in the Month of Memories forum so be sure to check it out!


Remember that the sale will end tomorrow at midnight (mountain time) so spread the word!

I'll be back tomorrow with a post on organization - my blog theme for the week.

Hello


Katie the Scrapbook Lady


..........................................................

1 comment:

Queue_t said...

Thank you Katie for the blog link! you are a sweety !

What a great package of memory prompts this month, you do great work.

I think you are right not to worry about the price of doing things you love, to love your work is the best reward. Tamara