Sunday, April 16, 2006

A new week & new theme!

I had such a nice Easter weekend and I'm feeling relaxed and ready for a great week.

My son has the entire week off of school so we will be practicing our homeschool skills this week. I've assured him though that he will still get plenty of video game time (a girl has got to scrap you know!) so hopefully it will be a pretty laid back week.

I am going to be working on the May issue of an Amazing Month of Memories this week. I have almost all the holidays and themes figured out, but it pretty much takes me a full week to write it and put it all together. If all goes according to plan, it should be available by next Monday - and my blog readers know that they want to be here on the day of release!

Studying

I didn't scrap this weekend until late last night. I didn't have a lot of energy but I managed to pull off this layout:



Posted at 2Peas and Scrapbook Bytes

The idea is from the National Humor Month prompts in my April issue of an Amazing Month of Memories.

All I used were a couple of fonts - Hootie and Annifont. I love the way it turned out because it really captures the part of my husband's personality that I wanted to highlight with this.


Also, I wanted to thank everyone for the nice comments on my blog lately! And I am planning to combine my quote blog with this one - but I will post more about that later.
Smile

Ok, so pretty random post so far from someone who said she has a theme for the week... and I do.

I'm going to try this theme thing for a couple more weeks because I have some fun ideas in mind.

This week it is going to be Scrapping for a good cause! And today's good cause is one that is dear to my heart, Autism.

I've shared some of my son's story here and the response from others has been wonderful. I really appreciate the kind and supportive comments.

In honor of Autism Awareness Month, 10 talented digi designers have created a Mega Kit called "Just Me" with all the proceeds going to the National Alliance of Autism for Autism Research. You can purchase the kit for $8.00 at Scrapdish. I just downloaded mine last night so I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I will share my layouts here when I do.




What a fantastic way to support autism research. My sincere thanks to the designers who contributed this and Scrapdish for hosting this kit!

Pretty cool that I can support a cause that is important to me while doing something I love - scrapbooking!

Hope you all have a wonderful day today, and I hope your weather is better than mine here in Utah - it's snowing here!

Snowball Fight

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

................................................

2 comments:

Jeanine said...

Thanks Katie for posting about the kit! We appreciate your support. Also,thanks SO MUCH for sharing your layout over at DigiPickoftheDay - it gives me a lot of hope for my son, just as I figured I should give up! THANKS!

Sandra said...

The kit looks lovely Katie. It is for a great cause. Our weather is much better here, though I think I would like some of your coolness....we are still experiencing warm weather.