Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Scrapping for a good cause - Childhood Cancer

Embarrassed

Before I go on with today's post, I need to make a correction. On yesterday's layout about King's Peak I stated that the elevation was 6,100 ft when in fact it is 13,528 feet! I got my facts from Fact Monster so when I went back to check, I realized my mistake;

In Utah
the mean (average) elevation is 6,100 ft.
the highest point is Kings Peak at 13,528 ft.
the lowest is Beaverdam Wash ? at 2,000 ft.

so be careful how you read tricky tables - LOL! Now you've had your Utah geography lesson for today, so don't ever say you don't learn anything here!

The good news is... it's a digi layout and it is so easy to fix! In fact, I already have.

Thumbs Up


Today's "Good Cause" is Childhood Cancer. Can you believe that you can help such an important cause just by purchasing a scrapbook kit? One of the things that impresses me so much about the digital scrapbooking community, is the generosity and support that designers, site owners, and customers show each other. Give them a good cause to rally around and it turns into something special. The kit featured here today is called "Eternal Hope" and is available at Dani Mogstad's Store.

4 very talented ladies contributed to this HUGE kit; Dani Mogstad, Anita Stergiou, Theresa Hernandez & Kim Hill.

Here's a preview of the kit:



and I had so much fun creating this layout with it!



Posted at 2Peas and Dani Mogstad's Gallery

Beach

It's finally sunny here, still a little cold but at least it looks like spring again.
Hope you have a wonderful spring day!

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

..........................................................

1 comment:

Theresa Hernandez said...

Katie, thank you so much for highlighting this kit again. It is a cause near and dear to my heart. A sad anniversary is coming up on May 21, which is the day I will donate 100% of the gross sales to Alex's Lemonade stand in loving memory of the inspiration for this kit, Lorenzo Bela Rissolo.