Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Scrapping for a good cause - Cyclone Larry

Just wanted to let you all know I'm so happy that my autism layout was featured on Digi Pick of the Day yesterday! Melissa does a wonderful job with this blog and I've been thrilled to see her feature "faces of autism" in honor of National Autism Month.

Today's "Good Cause" is helping the victims of Cyclone Larry This Cyclone caused great devastation in the Queensland area of Australia. How can you help? Well, you can buy this wonderful kit at Clik Chick Designs for only $5.95. 3 fabulous Australian designers; Trish Jones, Tracy Ann Robinson, and Kylie Clark, have donated their time and talents to help others who have been affected by this terrible storm.

Boomerang

Here's a preview of the kit:



I know I'm going to get a lot of use out of this kit. Today I really wanted to do something using the amazing quote that came with it so I put together this layout for my husband.



Posted at 2Peas, Scrapbook Bytes, and The Digi Chick.

Hiker

One of my husband's proudest accomplishments is having climbed King's Peak with his scouts. It is the highest peak in Utah with an elevation of 13,528 ft ft. He also loves quotes (are we a perfect match or what?) so I knew that he would love this combination.


and I also did some layouts just for fun last night...

Here's one of our day at the park in February:



Posted at 2Peas, Scrapbook Bytes & The Digi Chick

Kit is "Joy" from Ashley Olson's wonderful "Fruits of the Spirit" CD - isn't that the best name for a collection?

and here's a layout about Shopping with my Mom:



Posted at 2Peas
SBB
Digi Chick

Kit is "Patience" from Ashley Olson's "Fruits of the Spirit" CD collection.


Hope you all have a great day! Can you believe it snowed here again last night? It is April 18th for crying out loud! But now the sun has come out and it looks like a spring day!
ShiverSprinkler

Crazy!


Katie the Scrapbook Lady

..........................................................

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Thank you for sharing you Autism layouts. I have a 5yo son with high-functioning autism. You've inspired me to make one for him as well once I get the time to do so. :) I really do appreciate your sharing it!

Maggie said...

Thank you for sharing as always. I've been overseas for the past few weeks didn't watch TV or listen to the Radio, wasn't aware there was a Cyclone in Australia. I will be returning home this weekend will get the kit. Thanks for letting everyone be aware.
Have a great week.
Maggie