Friday, April 21, 2006

Scrapping for a good cause recap

I am busy working on the May issue of an Amazing Month of Memories today. I'm also helping my guys get ready for a scout camp which means the girlie and I are going to have a "girls night" tonight. There will be fingernail painting, watching movies in Mom's bed, and more than likely some junk food involved.

Mint

I wanted to share just a few of the comments I have received this week about the charity kits I've posted about.

About the Shabby Princess kit:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting about this!!! I am so blessed to have this little guys Mommy, Janelle, as one of my best friends and it was through The Shabby Princess that we were able to do this project to help raise money for Angel Daegen and his family for research. I have made several LO's using this kit, love it!!! They are in my profile on 2peas.

Thank you to everyone who has purchased this kit from The Shabby Princess, is is the absolute best!!!

Check out Daegan's website for more info. www.dmanhero.com

And the really cool thing, is Daegen's mommy wrote the poems in the kit and the rainbow paper in the kit is a the picture of a rainbow that I took on the day of his funeral, it was awesome.

He always told his mommy and daddy that when he went to heaven he was going to slide down the rainbows and make flowers out of the clouds, so the sky, in all it's majesty, is very meaningful to the family.

Thanks again girl, you are so great to post this.

Kay :)



Thank you so much for posting this comment Kay - I visited Daegen's website and signed his guestbook. Seeing his sweet little face touched me and brought tears to my eyes. I can't imagine the grief of losing a child and I'm so impressed with the way this family has dealt with this by helping others.

I'm going to have to do something special using that rainbow paper now that I know the story behind it.

Remember that you can purchase the Bluebell Road kit from the Shabby Princess Shoppe and she is donating 100% of the proceeds until May 14th. Thank you Shabby Princess!


About the Eternal Hope Kit:


Katie, thank you so much for highlighting this kit again.
It is a cause near and dear to my heart. A sad anniversary is coming up on May 21, which is the day I will donate 100% of the gross sales to Alex's Lemonade stand in loving memory of the inspiration for this kit, Lorenzo Bela Rissolo.

Theresa Hernandez


Thanks for your note Theresa. I am so glad you brought up Alex's Lemonade Stand because this is such a wonderful website that offers so many great ways to help fight childhood cancer. I hope everyone will take a minute to visit this site. I've marked my calendar for May 21st to post a reminder here so we can all help Theresa in her effort to donate to this wonderful cause.

Remember that you can buy the Eternal Hope kit at Dani Mogstad's store and all proceeds go to Alex's Lemonade stand. Thank you so much for this inspiring kit!


About the Strength kit:

I received a lot of nice notes about this one, it's so nice that people want to help each other - no matter how far away we live. Australia is pretty far from Utah, but I have friends in Australia because of the wonderful digital scrapbooking community. I've seen their pictures, and the damage from Cyclone Larry was devastating! My friend Trish Jones is one of the creators of this kit and she has thanked me several times for posting about it here. Thanks to everyone who purchased this kit and if you haven't picked it up yet you still can at Clik Chic designs.

About the Autism Kit:

Between posting about this wonderful kit and having my layout featured on the Digi Pick of the Day blog, I've had a ton of emails about this one. I'm always amazed at how many scrapbookers out there have a child with autism. I guess I shouldn't be surprised at that anymore since there has been such a huge increase in the population of autism - but for some reason it does still blow me away sometimes.

Here's one of my favorite comments:

thanks SO MUCH for sharing your layout over at DigiPickoftheDay - it gives me a lot of hope for my son, just as I figured I should give up! THANKS!

That is one of the main reasons I did that layout of my son - I wanted others to realize their is hope. I remember so vividly the feeling that there wasn't going to be a future for my son. When you are dealing with a 3 or 4 year old who has autism and a lot of severe delays, it is so hard to see that it will get better. It does take a lot of hard work, but life does get easier. I've been around a lot of kids with autism and have been able to see their progress over several years. Even those who were quite severe in their autism, have made progress. Some more than others, but all of them have progressed. So don't ever give up hope!

You can still purchase this wonderful kit to benefit autism research at Scrapdish.

also, if you are a Build a Bear fan - they have a special bear available right now to benefit autism speaks and they are also running their purple heart promotion at the same time. Go to the Build a Bear website for more details.



What a week it has been! I'm so glad I picked the topic of "Scrapping for a Good Cause" because it has inspired me to use some wonderful kits that also help others. I've also been thrilled to receive all the wonderful comments and emails and hear how these kits have touched others lives.

Hope you will take the opportunity to support at least one of these great causes!

This weekend I will answer some questions in my posts so don't forget to stop by. If you have any questions for the Scrapbook Lady feel free to email me at kt@scrapbooklady.org or leave a comment here on the blog.

Students

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

................................................

No comments: