Wednesday, May 24, 2006

A great day!

I was lucky enough today to spend a big chunk of time just having some "me" time. It's been awhile since I've done that and I must say it felt great!

Bounce

I went to Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware which are 2 places that I always find a lot of inspiration. I didn't actually buy anything, just looked, but that was fun to do. I also went to Michaels and used the 40% off coupon to buy another one of my favorite albums. I haven't yet filled an entire album so I don't know exactly how many pages will fit, but I can tell you already that it is a TON! I originally was going to use all these cute little theme albums, but I have recently changed my mind that I will do this more like a family library of albums and keep them in our family office. I will take pictures and share more details someday soon. The idea is loosely based on Stacey Julian's system with my own twist.

So that was some fun shopping just for my own pleasure. No groceries. No errands. No to do list in the purse. Gotta do that more often.

I treated myself to a nice lunch. Some people can't bear to eat alone, but I'm not one of them. I just bring a book or a magazine in the restaurant with me and I enjoy the solitude and the pleasure of having someone else prepare the food and wait on me.

Waiter

I guess I'm pretty simple, but to me that is a great morning!


I have another freebie link to share with you today - it has been a good week for freebies!

My digi pal Ashley Olson has a cute paper pack on her blog to download. She is going through a pretty rough time right now yet she still found the time and energy to do something generous for all of us. How amazing is that? The papers will go with one of her upcoming kits so you will want to be on the lookout for when that is released (don't worry, I'll let you know!)


That's it for now. Need to get working on dinner. We are having build your own grilled chicken burritos and chip and guacamole.

BBQ

Have a happy night.

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

.................................................................

1 comment:

scrappinkay said...

Sounds like you had an awesome day. Nothing better to revive one's soul then a "me" day.

Hey girl, I need the recipe for your Chicken Burritos, those sound so yummy.