Thursday, May 18, 2006

The return of the Scrapbook Lady!

I'm back from my vacation and I'm in the process of sorting through and answering 374 emails that have filled my in-box in the last 6 days!

I'm happy to be home and I have to admit that I really missed my computer! LOL! The good news is that my new laptop computer is arriving today so on future trips I should be able to bring it along. On this trip it wouldn't have helped me a lot anyway because we had no internet access. We stayed in a house at Bear Lake in Garden City, Utah and there just wasn't that sort of technology where we stayed. I do wish I could have digi scrapped a little because I really missed it, but perhaps it was good to take some time off anyway.

Computer

I feel rested and rejuvenated, which is nice. I had several naps and went to bed early almost every night of the trip. I shared a room with my hubby and 2 kids and we all slept in bunk beds. It sort of felt like we were at camp and it was fun to lay in bed and giggle with my kids each night. We even put Whoopie Cushions under each other's pillows. (yep - that is my kind of fun!)

Reading

I read a Mary Higgins Clark Book called "No Place Like Home" which I thought was one of her better books. I like reading her books because they are easy and entertaining, but often they are too predictable. I thought this one was not as predictable and I was even surprised at the ending.

After breezing through that fun read I decided to do some educational reading. I spent a few days looking through the book "Homeschool Your Child for Free" but I will need to go through it again now that I have my internet back and check out all the great sites mentioned. I have to say that it is the best homeschooling resource book I have ever read.

Movie Reels

We watched a couple of movies also: Nanny McPhee (cute story), Elizabethtown (cute actor - Orlando Bloom), Fantastic Four (I found it boring and hokey), The Family Stone (I only caught the last half but it was an interesting story), and Hoodwinked (a kids show that I actually found very entertaining and clever!)

Synchronized Swimming

We went swimming each day in a nearby indoor pool and took a few walks around the area. The weather was perfect - not too hot or too cold.

Cooking Dinner

I cooked dinner 3 of the nights and also prepared lunch one day for the entire family. (My husband's side) I made haystacks, build your own burritos, taco salad, and a pasta bar. I will try and share some of the recipes here soon because they are all good casual entertaining kind of meals since everyone can customize it the way they like it - a big help for picky eaters!

So this is probably the most NSBR (non scrap book related) post I have written in a long time since I haven't been scrapbooking at all. I didn't even take a lot of pictures except for the day that we celebrated my 3 year old nephew's birthday. We had a lot of fun doing that and he had a blast!

Laundry

It is always hard to come home and get back in the routine. I'm almost done with the mountain of laundry (Mt. Never-Rest as I call it) and we are in desperate need of a trip to the grocery store. We have a busy few weeks ahead of us so I need to get in gear pretty quick so we can all function. I started on the June issue of An Amazing Month of Memories and I'm feeling very excited about the themes and holidays - lots of ideas brewing!

While I was away, the next round was decided for the Ultimate Digi Scrapper Contest and I did not make the cut. I guess there were a lot of hurt feelings over the cuts. I honestly do not feel bad about it because I am very happy with how my entries turned out. I never expected to win, I just wanted to try my best and see how far I got. I feel like I did my best so I can't ask for anything more than that. It will be fun to see who gets through the next round, it is some tough competition! If you want to see my entries you can see them here - WEEK 1 Layout and WEEK 2 Layout.



Well, I am hoping that my next blog post will be made using my new laptop computer! I'm pretty excited to finally have one and it will be nice for my kids also since we won't always be trying to all use the same computer.

Until then....

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

.....................................................

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Glad you're back. I've missed your blog!