Friday, May 19, 2006

scrappin again

It seems like it has been such a long time since I have scrapped! I've really missed my creative time lately so I decided that even with a long "to-do" list today that I needed to make some time for me.

Sculpter

I put together these 2 layouts of me when I was about 4 months old. The photos are from 1969 and my Mom kindly scanned them for me. Did a little digital cleanup on them but they do still look older - but I guess they are older so there!



papers are from Kristin Cronin-Barrow's Color Pop Kit at The Digi Chick and the flower is from her Shabby Touch kit at Scrapbook Elements. I posted this layout at
2 Peas, Digi Chick, and SBE.



I used Kristin Cronin-Barrow's Shabby Touch kit from Scrapbook Elements. I posted this layout at
2 Peas, Digi Chick, and SBE.

It was kind of fun to do some pages about me as a baby. Not something I usually do.


I'm also proud of these layouts because they are my first pages created on my brand new laptop. Loving it so far, but like everything, there is a learning curve involved. I've never even used a laptop so it is a bit of an ajustment to use the touch mouse and the keyboard (I'm used to a natural keyboard so that is a big adjustment for me.

Mouse


I was having a hard time working without a mouse so I decided to hook up my Wacom tablet because it also has a wireless mouse. Then I figured if I am going to go to all that effort, I might as well finally get used to using the pen with the tablet. I really have never gotten the hang of it even though it was a Christmas gift from last year. I'm excited that I am learning new things and I can tell I am going to enjoy this new computer. My kids are very happy also because there wasn't a lot of pressure for them to get off the computer today so I could have a turn.

Trampoline

I still have a lot to set up on the laptop so I think I will have plenty to keep me entertained over the next few days. Hopefully I will find some good Wacom tablet tricks to share here on the blog. If you hare a Wacom fan and have some helpful hints for me - Please leave me a comment or email me at kt@scrapbooklady.org

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

..............................................................

No comments: