Monday, May 22, 2006

Sunday Scraps and Monday Maps!

Shabby Princess has a new freebie up at http://www.shabbyprincess.com/DinnerParty.asp

I had a wonderful scrappin Sunday afternoon yesterday!





Ashley Olson Delicious Breeze Papers
Monotype Corsiva Font

Posted at 2Peas, SBB, & The Digi Chick



Ashley Olson Faithfulness Kit

2Peas Well Behaved Font
Idea from May issue of An Amazing Month of Memories - Better Sleep Month

Posted at 2Peas, The Digi Chick, & SBB




Ashley Olson Glam Chic Kit - I LOVE this kit and it is on sale right now for 50% off!

Posted at 2Peas, SBB & The Digi Chick


Now on to the Monday Maps portion of the post....

Map

Maybe it is a little goofy, but when I titled this entry I still didn't have my blog theme for the week settled on. After I typed in "sunday scraps" it came to me. Yes, mostly because of the rhyme - LOL! But that is ok, because once I thought of it, I knew it would be cool. See, I love maps! I never realized this until lately, but as I look around my house I can see a lot of maps - and I wish I had more. I also wish I would have understood how cool maps were when I was younger.

So for the next few days let's explore maps (scrapbook style of course!)

Today we will start with scrapbooking maps, aka blueprints, sketches, etc. This is like having a plan for your page and you just plug in the papers and pictures. Really takes the mental strain out of scrapbooking and it is so fun to see how individually unique they can turn out.

Here are some of my favorite resources:

Scrap Maps

Becky Higgins

Simple Schemes

Pages of the Heart

Memory Creators


I'm going to put them in a separate entry as well (see below) so you can find them anytime on my sidebar by clicking on this image.



So do a layout today using one of these resources and enjoy the ease of following a map!

Happy Mapping Scrapping!

Map

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

3 comments:

Fish Mama said...

I love the new pages...thanks for the great links!
Amanda

Melissa O. said...

thanks for the great links to maps. on the topic of maps, can you give me a map to your rss feed? I want to add it to my news feeds on my website, www.scrapbunny.com.

Thanks

Jody said...

Hello...I have been an avid fan of scrapbooking and all the cool people involved, but haven't done traditional scrap layouts until just a few weeks ago. I have to say, I am hooked! SO, I just wanted to invite you over to my Nitty.Gritty. blog to see one of the first layouts I did. I'm sure I'll be back to check out all the links and good advice you've got here. Thanks...and hope to see you around! Sweetly~