Thursday, May 11, 2006

Week 2 challenge done and fun blogging

I finally worked on my week 2 layout for the Ultimate Digi Scrapper Contest! I can't post it anywhere but the contest gallery, but I can share the link with you so you can go and check it out if you like.

See my layout here

In other news...

Trish Jones is retiring more than 50 of her items (papers, kits, element packs etc.) - you will want to check out the hot deals!

Computer


I've been blogging about blogging this week - LOL! and I thought I would point you toward some fun stuff for your blog!

First of all, as you find cool things on other blogs that you want to share, be sure to give credit to the source where you found it. Sometimes these little clips are posted all over the place so you may not be able to credit one source. In this case, I found this cute little clip on Amy Edwards' Blog. This guy is really pretty good!

Watch the video by clicking here



Looking for ideas to give your blog a personal touch?

Try using prompts and tags to give you ideas for posts.


Keely has a wonderful blog
with a weekly top ten list to inspire you.


Of course I love adding smileys to my entries. You can visit smiley central to find these cute little guys!

Penguin

Blog things Quizzes

Here's one I did this morning:







Your #1 Match: ISFJ




The Nurturer

You have a strong need to belong, and you very loyal.
A good listener, you excel at helping others in practical ways.
In your spare time, you enjoy engaging your senses through art, cooking, and music.
You find it easy to be devoted to one person, who you do special things for.

You would make a good interior designer, chef, or child psychologist.





Love this idea for a photo tag blog entry. If I didn't have 5000 things to do before leaving town tomorrow - I would do this one! I will try and do it later on in the month.


And speaking of all that I have to do today...

To do lists are a popular blog entry subject. Gina Miller always makes hers look all fancy using her cute digi kits. Maybe I will try that sometime, but for today I just need to get going!

The big "to dos" today are:

Laundry - oodles!

Laundry

Packing for me and kids - Hubby is on his own for this!

Vacation 2

Clean the house because I hate the thought of coming home to a dirty house.

Vacuuming

Grocery Shop for my meal responsibilities for trip (We are staying in a house with my in laws)

Grocery

Finish moving stuff around in the basement because when we return from our trip our construction guru will be starting on our project. We are doing 2 rooms to start with. I wish we could do the whole thing at once, but alas, no magical money bag here! We are working on offices first because Hubby really needs one - our master bedroom looks like an office cubicle right now.

Construction

Take extra stuff from basement to charity drop off for Deseret Industries.

In The Garbage

Buy a few more shirts - I have nothing to wear!

Shopping 2

Pick up refills at pharmacy.

Pharmacist

Finish up Mother's Day stuff!
Mother's Day Basket

Try and squeeze in some layouts for the Amazing Month of Memories challenge and for some of my design teams.

Card Making

Maybe I should take one these... it's a "chill pill" smiley graphic! LOL!

Chill Pill

That's the general list. Of course there are a million other sub-lists also - LOL! But if I can get through those, I will be ok.


Hope you all get through your lists ok also today!

Katie the Scrapbook Lady

....................................................

3 comments:

Funky Finds said...

Cool layout! Do you know where I can download a digital element of masking tape? TIA

Jen Caputo said...

Katie - your entry is fabulous!!! Seriously, all those type treatments.. just perfect! Congrats, we'll see you in round 3 for sure :)

Kathy said...

Great entry today. Good luck with all you have to do. The blinkies crack my up.